Ant has been around for a while now, so there are a lot of helpful references. They might not be as easy to discover as you might think, however, so I wanted to share a few references that I personally think are useful.
- Ant WAR task – A sample Ant build script that builds a WAR file Detailed sample build.xml. Notably, copy tasks with fileset data types.
- Ant task that runs if a file exists Stackoverflow. Using Available. Conditions. ResourceExists. (Ant 1.8.0 and later)
- Using AntCall With Parameters
- Various Ant Hello World, JUnit and Tutorials at ideoplex.com
- Apache.org Hello World Tutorial
- Ant file that depends on another ant file Stackoverflow. Ant task example with nested property tags.
- Exclude JARs in WAR lib task
- AVAJAVA Web Tutorials – 16 Ant Tutorials
- Apache.org AntCall Manual Page
Hopefully this list will be useful to anyone getting up and running with Ant or who want a quick review of basic functions.